Sunday, November 16, 2008
2. What does Luna say floated into Harry's ear when he was in the train car that supposedly caused him to lose focus?
3. How much do the primary Apparition lessons cost?
d. 12 galleons
4. What is Professor Merrythought's first name?
5. What Hogwarts club was Eileen Prince captain of?
b. Gobstones Club
6. Who is head of the Goblin Liaison office?
b. Dirk Cresswell
7. Mrs. Weasley offers Fleur a goblin-made tiara for the wedding with Bill. What family member is currently in possession of the tiara?
a. Aunt Muriel
8. How many points does Snape take from Gryffindor for Harry's late arrival and muggle attire?
9. When Profressory Slughorn first meets Hermione, he asks her whether she is related to Hector Dagworth-Granger. What society did Dgworth-Granger found?
d. The Most Extraordinary Society of Potioneers
10. Which of these describes Golpalott's Third Law?
d. The antidote for a blended poison will be equal to more than the sum of the antidotes for each of the separtea components
Friday, November 14, 2008
Everything was nicely wrapped in silver tissue paper with dark green ribbon, it was a pleasure to unwrap
Inside I found one exciting thing after the next... A knitting pattern by Wendy Johnson, a beautiful Slytherin Fair-Isle bag, bamboo/merino sockyarn, roving, bamboo dpns, holders for dpns shaped like hats and gloves, sock knitting stitch markers, postcards, sweets and two keychains - one a little sock on a sockblocker and the other a converse boot.
I hope I didn't forget anything in my description, but everything is on the picture. And to show you more details of this awesome package, I made some more pics:
Look at this beautiful yarn and roving, I really have to practice spinning so I can use this roving
And here is a close up of the bag where you can see the lining
And here are the stitch markers and key chains
Thursday, October 30, 2008
As the weather is really bad here, I won't go trick-or-treating with my son for halloween, it's raining like mad and Halloween for the kids would have been today. It's not celebrated that much in Germany but they always make a party for the kids OUTSIDE and the kids can go trick-or-treating in the shops around the market place. But as it's raining all the time and we all just recovered from the flu, I think it's better to stay at home.
As it is our anniversary tomorrow, I'll go to a party with my partner and most likely dress up, perhaps I'll post a pic if you're interested.
Now I have to do some cleaning at home, didn't master the spell for self-folding laundry yet and my dishes always break when I try to magically clean them - so no way around at doing it the muggle way. I really have to practice those spells
Saturday, October 25, 2008
a. The Gryffindor Common Room
2. Severus Snape made an unbreakable vow to whom?
b. Narcissa Malfoy
3. Why is Hagrid upset with Ron, Harry and Hermione?
c. They did not take his class in their 6th year
4. Who is the Half-Blood Prince?
b. Severus Snape
5. At what age are you legally allowed to Apparate?
6. How long does it take to brew a batch of Felix Felicis?
c. 6 months
7. What happens if you break an Unbreakable Vow?
c. You die
8. Which one of your roommates snores the loudest?
that could actually be me - but I don't know for sure as I'm sleeping like dead and don't hear any of the others snoring
9. Which Hogwart's student is secretly dating the new DADA Professor Lucius Whitmarsh?
10. Describe your favorite item found in Weasley's Wizard Wheezes!
Always the newest one ;-)
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
But at least I got plenty of knitting time due to the lack of internet and got some projects finished, some of them even paid ones. I'll post some pics as soon as possible, for now I'm impatiently waiting to be back online.
I really hope that the weather will be better by next week as I have plans for Halloween - it's not celebrated that much here in Germany but there will be some parties or I might even get a chance ot go to a club with my partner. And if the weather is fine, I'll dress up with my son and go trick or treating, I'm sure he'll love it.
Thursday, October 16, 2008
1. What animal does the portrait in the Muggle Prime Minster’s office resemble?
2. What drink does Romilda Vane try to give Harry?
3. What is the name of the person who heads the Holyhead Harpies?
b. Gwenog Jones
4. How many ‘Exceeds Expectation’ grades does Harry receive in his O.W.L’s?
5. What is Professor Sughorn’s favorite candy?
d. Crystallized Pineapple
6. What tattoo is Harry reported to have on his chest?
7. What color robes do the staff at the Weasley’s shop wear?
8. What is the man outside Flourish and Blotts selling?
9. How much is the skull, which Hermione enquires about at Borgin and Burkes, worth?
c. 16 Galleons
10. What are Professor Slughorn’s initials?
Monday, October 13, 2008
And of course I'm planning the kit for my pal Emma Wigworthy, I'm sure she will like it...
By the way, does anyone know of a spell to make my ISP work faster in getting me back online? I really hate to depend on others to go online.
Monday, October 6, 2008
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
I knit a lot of socks and love to wear handknit socks - as does all my family. I have a European size 36, that's fairly small
I have both, but they are both rather old and about to break apart - but they still work
My hooks are in a kind of felt mug, my dpns in a needle roll and my circs are in a rather special, handmade storage - I'll try to take a pic later and post it here
I collect everything with dragons on it - and of course yarn ;-)
I like rock and metal music but don't limitate myself to one type of music. I have an MP3 player
I like almost all kinds of sweets, except liquorice
I live with my boyfriend and my 4 year old son, we have 2 bearded dragons
I have a favorite list at Etsy and a wish list at Amazon
I really can't decide
Thursday, September 25, 2008
1. At the beginning of the book, Cornelius Fudge is talking to the Muggle Prime Minister. Which member of the Order of the Phoenix has recently been found dead?
c. Emmeline Vance
2. What animal does Bellatrix Lestrange kill when she and her sister, Narcissa, are going to see Professor Snape?
3. What time does Professor Dumbledore collect Harry from Privet Drive?
b. 11 p.m.
4. What did Professor Slughorn transform into when he was trying to hide from Harry and Professor Dumbledore?
a. An armchair
5. What grade did Harry get for Herbology?
a. E – Exceeds Expectation
6. Herbert Chorley, the Prime Minister’s Junior Minster, has been entertaining the public by impersonating which animal?
b. A duck
7. What is Professor Sprout’s first name?
8. What is Dumbledore’s idea of ‘a few words’?
d. nitwit, oddment, blubber and tweak
9. Who is Marcus Belby’s famous uncle?
10. What is Snape’s mother’s name?
b. Eileen Prince
Post pictures to your blogs or link to the pictures from your blog post.
Monday, September 22, 2008
Now I have some more of this nice, super soft yarn left and can probably make another vest with a more interesting pattern.
- Do you knit and/or crochet
I do both, but lately more knitting than crochet
- How long have you been at your craft?
learned it about 20 years ago, forgot all about it and started again four years ago when my son was born
- Do you spin?
I'm just learning how to do it
- What type of spinning do you do (drop spindle or wheel)?
drop spindle for now, can't afford a wheel yet
- Are there any other crafts that you participate in?
I know how to do tablet weaving, but as my partner is way better at it than I am, I don't do it that much
- What are your favorite yarns/fibers?
Alpaca is so soft and warm, I just love it
- What are your LEAST favorite yarns/fibers?
100% acrylic - but I don't mind blends
- Are there any types/brands of yarn that you are dying to work with but haven’t gotten a chance?
Everything that's not available in Europe - like for example Knit Picks
- What are your favorite types of projects to knit/crochet?
I knit a lot of socks, but have made everything from socks to sweaters - currently I'm knitting my first shawl
- What are you currently working on?
I'm a multi project person - socks, a hat, a shawl, a crochet bunny
- Anything you plan to start this autumn?
nothing special, but I'd love to make a cardigan - just can't decide for a pattern
- What is your favorite Finished Object? (Please, post a picture if you would like.)
A sweater I made for my son (pic will be added later)
- Are their any knitting/crochet techniques that you would like to learn?
I'd love to learn Magic Loop and Double Knitting
Sunday, September 14, 2008
And as a help for my spoiler, here is my questionnaire:
Potter Name: Emma Gorodoc
Rav ID: Selana
I am allergic to: I'm allergic to most commercially dyed wool, can't knit with them or it'll trigger my asthma... handdyed wool or other fibers commercially dyed are fine + I'm allergic to cats
Pets that I have: none
My favorite yarn: nothing special
If you are a Ravenclaw, do you prefer the film colors or the book colors? I'm no Ravenclaw
My favorite flavor: chocolate, fruit flavors
My favorite holiday: Christmas, as it is all about family for me
I would like to receive a: sock kit or dyeing kit
List your favorite brand of needles or hooks, including size and length: I love Knitpicks Harmony needles, for socks 2.5 mm - but I love to get to try other brands too
Is there a brand that you are dying to try?: nothing special
I've participated in HSKS: this is my fourth time
Do you have a birthday during this swap? If so which day? My birthday is in May, so not during the swap
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
Saturday, July 19, 2008
1. When Hagrid returns to Hogwarts after being sent to see the giants with Madame Maxime, Professor Umbridge questions him on his late return to school. She suspects that Hagrid had been to the mountains, but where does he tell her he has been?
d. South of France
2. Professor Umbridge comes to Hagrid's Hut and searches his cabin one evening (as she believes Harry, Ron and Hermione are there visiting him at night when they are not supposed to). When she walks past the place where Harry, Ron and Hermione are hiding under the Invisibility Cloak, Harry holds his breath. True or false?
3. A stately-looking witch in an emerald green shawl is one of the members of the Advance Guard who rescues Harry from Privet Drive. What is her name?
a. Emmeline Vance
4. What is the name of the witch who was killed two weeks after the photo of the original Order of the Phoenix was taken?
b. Marlene McKinnon
5. Which two fifth year Ravenclaw students does Dumbledore choose to be prefects?
d. Anthony Goldstein and Padma Patil
6. Which house was Rose Zeller sorted into?
7. What is the color of Murtlap's essence?
8. Name the Ravenclaw girl who became prefect in Harry's fifth year.
b. Padma Patil
9. According to a healer's portrait at St. Mungo's hospital, which disease was Ron suffering from?
10. Which book did Harry give Hermione for Christmas?
a. "New Theory of Numberology"
Picture scavenger hunt:
(Extra 5 pts - What movie will Robert Patterson star in this December?) He will be Edward Cullen in the movie "Twilight" - can't wait to see it
Saturday, July 12, 2008
I am really sorry for being so slow this term, but life really got in the way. I hope despite the delay, I'm not too bad a swap pal and I'll try to make up for it by sending some extra goodies
Saturday, July 5, 2008
Saturday, June 28, 2008
Here is a pic of one of the hats I made for SPEW, there are more, but I especially like this one:
I will blog more soon, now I just need to catch up with all the forums and get some knitting done. I don't want to let my pal wait for her package.
Saturday, June 21, 2008
1. At the beginning of the year feast, who is the only person who rudely interrupts Dumbledore during his speech?
Thursday, June 12, 2008
But I decided about a bag for my pal and bought the wool, just need to dye it at the beginning of next week or so and then I can start knitting. It will be nothing too fancy, as my knitting time is somewhat short too at the moment, but I hope she will still like it.
I'll post pics of the yarn as soon as it is ready to be knit.
Monday, June 2, 2008
Perhaps you could give me a hint or two about what you are going to knit for your pals? I'm really in need for a good idea right now.
Now I'm back to my books, my exams for my muggle re-education come closer and closer. Less then two weeks to go and I feel like I don't know anything. And that's probably why I can't think about the swap right now, my mind is too full with useless stuff I will hardly ever need again.
Sunday, June 1, 2008
Penelope of Flitwick
The winners will be contacted by me, or you can send me a message at Ravelry with your email address, then I can send you the pattern. My name at Ravelry is Selana
Thursday, May 29, 2008
Okay, I'll have to stop daydreaming about my teachers and get those answers written down. This time the House Cup must not go to anyone else but Slytherin.
1. Which of Arabella Figg's cats ran out from under the car?
2. Which of the following is NOT one of Albus Dumbledore's middle names?
3. Which educational decree introduced a High Inquisitor to Hogwarts?
4. Apart from Harry, Ron and Hermione, who was the first person to enter the Hog's Head that showed an interest in Harry's Defence Against the Dark Arts classes?
- Neville Longbottom
5. In the first Quidditch match of the year which player attempted to score first?
a. Angelina Johnson
6. What kind of bush does Harry hide behind to listen to the news?
b. A hydrangea bush
7. Why is Mundungus Fletcher disguised as a woman when he witnesses the DA (Dumbledore's Army) meeting in the Hog's Head pub?
b. He was banned from the Hog’s Head pub 20 years ago.
8. When Harry and Cho go on their first date to Madam Puddifoot's in Hogsmeade, what is it decorated with for Valentine's Day?
c. Golden cherubs and pink confetti
9. How old is Sturgis Podmore and where does he live?
a. 38 and number 2
10. What did Fred and George Weasley do to Montague?
a. Forced him head-first into a Vanishing Cabinet on the first floor.
Picture Scavenger Hunt
Pictures may either be posted to your site OR you can hyper-link to the pictures location, BUT when I visit your site I MUST be able to see or get to the pictures in some way by seeing or clicking. Simply having the words of what the picture is will not work.
Monday, May 26, 2008
As the contest bag is finished now and I'm waiting to hear back from my pal about her preferences, I have some spare knitting time. And as I can't really live without knitting, I'm rather busy to make tiny baby hats for S.P.E.W.
They will be donated to Bonnie Babies by the end of the swap and I finally found a way to use up all those leftovers and partial skeins. Photos will be posted soon, it's almost midnight here and I just wanted to stop by for a moment.
Sunday, May 25, 2008
But I promised you a little contest, where you would be able to get it for free, here are the details:
Post on your blog about a first thing in knitting, could be your first time doing a certain technique like lace or cables, or the first time designing your own, first time knitting socks... You get the idea? Then come back to my blog and leave a comment with a link to your blog post
And of course I want to see at least one pic of the item you are posting about. Deadline for this is Friday, May 30. 10 lucky people will get the pattern for free, if there are more then 10 participants, I will have my 3 year old son draw the winners out of a hat.
Have fun, I can't wait to see your posts...
Oh, and I'll tell you why I want you to post about a first time: This is the first time I combined such a lot of techniques in one project (lace, i-cord, 3-needle-bind-off etc).
Wednesday, May 21, 2008
1. How many goal posts are on the Quidditch Pitch?
six - three at each end
2. Who was portrayed in the picture that kept screaming in the headquarters for the Order of the Phoenix?
Sirius Black's mother Walpurga Black
3. Who was giving Hagrid all of those bruises and cuts?
His half-brother Grawp
4. Who left his shift early, leaving Harry open to a dementor attack?
5. What was the name of the Squib who came to Harry's side after the attack?
Mrs. Arabella Figg
6. What position was Percy promoted to that made him have a 'row' with Mr. Weasley?
Junior Assistant to the Minister
7. What secret does Hermione know about Rita Skeeter?
Hermione knows that Rita is an unregistered Animagus
8. Name one person other than Sirius Black who was scratched off of the Family tree wall?
Tonk's mother Andromeda, Sirius' cousin
9. Who discovers the room of requirement?
the house elf Dobby
10. Where is the first DA meeting held?
in the pub "Hog's Head" in Hogsmeade
Sunday, May 18, 2008
I got some great birthday presents, but nothing knitting related as the book did not arrive in time and my friends had to buy something else instead... As far as I know, they had planned to get Arans and Celtics for me, now I got an audio book and a book by Terry Pratchett. I like them too, but the knitting book would have been awesome.
Besides, I got some cute Mary Janes with just a bit of a heel, they will look great with a pair of jeans as well as with a skirt. And not to forget the muggle money and the gift certificate for a clothing store. Now I can do some shopping, as soon as I am back to the muggle town Dortmund again.
Thursday, May 15, 2008
It's my birthday today and I'd love to invite you all to a great party
When: May 15, 5pm EST
Who: everybody is invited
If my room mates help me to decorate, it will be a perfect start into the new Hogwarts year
Wednesday, May 14, 2008
I'm sure we will have a lot of fun, we are thinking about a room name right now. The first idea was "Knitting Godesses" and I think it's a great name.
Have to go to classes for my muggle education right now, but I will be back soon
Tuesday, May 13, 2008
For my third year here at Hogwarts, I decided to take Muggle Studies as an additional class, my parents are muggles and I live in the muggle world when not at Hogwarts, so this might be fun too.
Now I have to look for my dorm and my roommates, I want to get to know them as soon as possible.
Monday, May 12, 2008
When the contest is over, the pattern will be available for sale in my etsy store, but I will make it available for some of you for free, just have to think about a fun contest.
So please, keep an eye on my blog or you might miss an opportunity to get this pattern for free.
Saturday, May 10, 2008
Can't wait to get to know everybody and find some roommates, hopefully we will learn about our swap partners soon.
Now I'm off again, need to enchant my quill for writing the pattern of a "Phoenix Feathers" Bag - which I have knitted for the bag design contest. A sneak preview of the bag will be posted soon, so keep an eye on this blog.
Wednesday, March 12, 2008
c. Professor Grubbly-Plank
2. What was the article Rita Skeeter wrote about Hagrid called?
c. Dumbledore's Giant Mistake
3. When the school champions were being chosen from the Goblet of Fire, whose name cam out first?
b. Viktor Krum
4. What is the spell Ludo bagman says to magically magnify his voice when he commentates?
5. What kind of dragon did Cedirc have to face in the first task?
b. A Swedish Short-Snout
6. Who raised the trophy after winning the world cup?
b. Troy and Quigley
7. How many bedrooms did Mundungus Fletcher claim to have?
8. For what did Moody mistake his birthday gif of a carriage clock?
b. A basilisk egg
9. What did Mr. Ollivander produce for the end of Cedric's wand?
d. Silver smoke rings
10. The dark mark is on Snape's left arm.
Picture Scavenger Hunt
A few days ago, my second package arrived, Emma Wigworthy is really an awesome pal, I couldn't believe that I was getting so many goodies... And again, everything was lovely packaged with personalized paper.
Unfortunately, the jars of the jam and pickles she made for me were broken during shipping, but luckily she had everything packaged separately and neither the yarn nor the bag got stained.
The yarn is handdyed 100% silk in beautiful shades of green plus some handspun, handdyed silk/angelina in black with a hint of silver.
And the bag is lovely, lined with fabric that has some pockets for knitting supplies and a small pocket on the outside that closes with the cutest button, have a look at it yourself:
Saturday, March 8, 2008
unlock any lock and undo any knot
* What is the name of the shallow stone basin that contains a substance that looks like light made liquid or wind made solid?
* What is the most fabulous magic item of them all, that gives unlimited gold or immortality?
The philosophers stone
* What enchanted item transports a person to a preprogrammed location?
* What is the thin flexible golden rod used to detect spells of concealment and hidden magical objects?
probe or probity
* What is the glass ball the size of a large marble usually filled with, unless the holder has forgotten something, and it turns red?
The remembrall is usually filled with white smoke
* What does a Sneakoscope do when someone untrustworthy is around?
it gives a whistling sound
* Where did Harry buy the two pairs of socks for Dobby, that screamed loudly when they became too smelly and flashed gold and silver stars?
at Gladrags in Hogsmeade
* What magical item did Ron, Ginny and Hermione use to mend, repair or bind things?
* What Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes item gave Hermione a black eye?
A punching telescope
* Magical Maintenance at the Ministry of Magic uses them to display spectacular weather effects in the underground levels.
* What red smoking item explodes if not opened immediately?
* What device displays magical words that provide game commentary in purple letters?
* Rita's Skeeters fast writing assistant?
* Which banned joke item was confiscated by Prefect Hermione Granger?
Baruffio's Brain Elixier
* What is the standard magical means of transportation in Asia and the Middle East?
* What are the three ways to create an invisibility cloak?
Some are imbued with a Disillusionment Charm, some carry a Bedazzling Hex, and some are woven from Demiguise hair
* What is the name of the piece of jewelry that bestows wisdom on the wearer?
the Diadem of Ravenclaw
* Floo Powder allows the user to do what two things in the green flames of a fireplace?
to travel magically to another fireplace and to communicate magically between fireplaces - when they are connected to the Floo Network
* What device shows it's owner's enemies?
that's a Foe-Glass
* Name three games played with magical or charmed objects.
Wizard's chess, Quidditch, Exploding Snap, Gobstones
* Which magical object gives light only to its user?
A candle placed in the Hand of Glory
* What are the two things Dumbledore says the Mirror of Erised does not give?
neither knowledge or truth
* What object does Fawkes first deliver to Harry in the Chamber of Secrets?
The sorting hat - inside was the sword of Gryffindor
Thursday, March 6, 2008
In summer 1995, she takes a part time job at Gringotts in London, to improve her english - and probably to get to know Bill Weasley better. About a year later, they become engaged. Their wedding is in summer 1997, and the very same day the Ministry of Magic falls to the Deatheaters.
Fleur helps Harry to escape from the house of the Dursleys by drinking polyjuice potion and faking to be Harry - as well as some other do. She fights at the side of her husband Bill and the other during the Battle of Hogwarts.
Bill and Fleur have 3 children, Victoire, Dominique and Louis.
Her wand has a core made from Veela hair from her grandma.
She has silvery-blonde hair, blue eyes and very even white teeth, her voice is described as "throaty".
Her name is french and means "flower of the court" if you translate it to english.
Her school Beaubatons is the best known school for wizardry in France, even though there might be others.
Veela are fairylike women with silvery-blonde long hair which is still moving even when there is no wind at all. Men affected by them will do the most silly things, just to get recognized. But when a Veela is angry, she will show an entirely different face, they transform into scary creatures with scaled wings and can throw fireballs on their victims.
Saturday, March 1, 2008
Everything was wrapped in paper with "Especially for ..." (can't show you a pic because it was my Muggle name and I don't want to reveal it yet) and the Slytherin logo printed all over it and the content was lovely packaged and decorated too.
But have a look yourselves, what I found in there:
A sock knitting book, a beautiful set of stitch markers, lovely packaged set of dpns - they look like Knit Picks Harmony, but I'm not sure - a printed version of the "Durmstrang sock" pattern in a cover that closes with a magnet. Parts of the pic are blurred, because they show my Muggle name too
And have a look at those beautiful wrapped cans with Spotted Dick and English Custard - I don't have an idea what it is, but I'm curious to find it out. I love to get to know food from other parts of the world that I can't buy here.
And last, but not least, there were 3 beautiful looking bags filled with delicous candy, I already tried all 3 of them and can't name a favorite
Now I'm looking forward to the second package with my bag and yarn, but I'm sure it will be awesome too.
Thanks so much, Emma Wigworthy, this must be the best swap package I ever got.
Sunday, February 24, 2008
Friday, February 22, 2008
Wednesday, February 20, 2008
Unfortunately I don't have a place where I could use this firebowl, but I absolutely love it. Be sure to have a look at this store.
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
1. With whom does Ginny go to the Yule Ball?
2. When Harry arrives at the Burrow and Mrs. Weasley makes them all dinner the night before they leave for the Quidditch World Cup, what does her wand turn into?
a. rubber mouse
3. Since some of the sixth-year girls didn't have any quills on them, what did they think Krum might sign their hats in?
4. How old does the Quick Quotes Quill say that Rita Skeeter is?
5. What color cloak is wormtail wearing in the Riddle house?
6. What color is "Mad Eye" Moody's magical eye?
7. What color are the robes that Rita Skeeter was wearing when Harry meets her at the Weighing of the Wands ceremony?
8. What does Sirius Black tell Harry, Ron and Hermione to call him when speaking around anyone else?
9. Which team beat Wales, disqualifying them from competing for the Quidditch World Cup?
10. What does Madame Maxime say is the only thing her steeds will drink?
c. single-malt whiskey
Goblet of Fire
Dragon from first challenge
Saturday, February 16, 2008
Friday, February 15, 2008
Thursday, February 14, 2008
Isn't this Nymphadora Tonks adorable? And so are Ron, Hermione, Luna and Moaning Myrtle in the store of Crinoline at Etsy. Besides, she is selling super cute felt pins and cell phone charms as well as beautiful earrings, I'm sure there will be something for everyone in her shop.
And again, if you love her shop or the felt Nymphadora, please leave a comment here for her to read.
Wednesday, February 13, 2008
From today on, I will feature another etsy store with Harry Potter themed items every day, so please come back and have a look, perhaps you'll find something you might buy for yourself or as an extra goodie for your pal.
Saturday, February 9, 2008
3 different ones, he uses a total of 5 curses
Crucio 3x (one missed him), Imperial, Avada Kedavra
2. How long does it take to brew Polyjuice Potion?
about a month
3. In the Chamber of Secrets Professor Sprout welcomes her Herbology students to which greenhouse?
4. What is Harry's number on the Quidditch team?
I didn't find a number, he is the seeker, youngest seeker for the last century
5. Who is the oldest actor to play a Hogwarts student in The Chamber of Secrets?
Christian Coulson, born 1978 played Tom Riddle when he was a student at Hogwarts
6. On what day do Harry Potter and the Dursleys arrive at the hut on the rock, on the island in the sea (SS)?
30 July 1991
7. How many times has Gilderoy Lockhart won Witch Weekly's Most-Charming-Smile Award?
8. How many years does Sirius black spend in Azkaban?
9. How many Famous Wizard cards does Ron tell Harry he has in his collection on the Hogwart's Express?
he says: "I've got about five hundred, but I haven't got Agrippa or Ptolemy"
10. What number is Dumbledore's vault at Gringott's?
11. How long has Scabbers been in the Weasley family when he becomes Ron's?
12. What number is Harry Potter's vault at Gringott's?
687 according to the movies
13. What is written where the number 12 should be on Molly Weasley's clock (COS film)?
14. How many presents does Dudley receive on his birthday (SS book)?
15. What is the license plate registration number on Mr. Weasley's Ford Anglia car (COS film)?
16. How many points are scored for a goal in Quidditch?
17. What is the exact time the Hogwart's Express leaves King's Cross station?
18. How many players are there on a Quidditch team?
19. How far back in time does Tom Riddle's diary take Harry?
20. How many flavors of Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans did Harry eat on the Hogwart's Express (SS book)?
he ate 8 and nibbled the end of another one = 9 flavors
21. According to the Chocolate Frog Card how old are Nicolas Flamel and his wife Perenelle Flamel?
Nicolas Flamel 665 years, Perenelle Flamel 658 years
22. What is the number on the front of the Hogwart's Express train?
23. How many eyes does Fluffy have?
24. What was Harry's room number at the Leaky Cauldron?
25. How many points did Slytherin have when Dumbledore announced the scores for the House Cup in the Sorcerer's Stone?
Friday, February 8, 2008
But as I'm participating in several other swaps too, I have to get some knitting done and some stitchmarkers want to be created.
So, I'm off again after a quick stop here, I hope to find more time talking to all of you soon
Thursday, January 31, 2008
b. Voldemort and Wormtail plotting to kill him
2. What is the problem with leprechaun gold?
a. It vanishes after a few hours
3. Why did Mad-Eye Moody turn Malfoy into a ferret?
c. Malfoy attacked Harry when Harry's back was turned
4. Sirius warns Harry to be careful around Karkaroff because he had been a Death Eater. Which one of the professors at Hogwarts, who also used to be a Death Eater, is frequently bothered by Karkaroff?
5. Voldemort could have used the blood from any foe to make the potion that revived him work, but he held out for Harry's blood. Why?
c. The special protection Harry received from his mother would also pass to Voldemort
6. How old would Frank have been on his next birthday?
7. Amos Diggory works for?
b. The Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures
8. Who shared a carriage with the three friends on the way from the train to Hogwarts?
9. What date in October did the delegates from Beauxbatons and Durmstrang arrive?
10. What color were Percy's dress robes at the Yule Ball?
a. Navy Blue
Please either post the pictures to your blog or link to where the pictures can be found.
World Cup Tournament
Saturday, January 26, 2008
I can't resist any more, I have to show you at least a little preview of the bag I have knit and felt for my pal. It shrank a bit more then I thought it would, but it is still fine for a sock project.
That's just my second try with the magic of felting and I really love the results.
Now I am done with the swap package except for the pattern and the knitting needles - and of course a few little extras.
Friday, January 25, 2008
Thursday, January 24, 2008
Power hungry Slytherin
loved those of great ambition.
- sorting hat in Goblet of Fire in his song
In Slytherin you'll make
your real friends,
Those cunning folk use any
To achieve their ends.
-sorting hat in Philosophers Stone in his song
There is no good and evil, there is only power and
those too weak to seek it.
- Professor Quirrel to Harry in Philosophers Stone
Wednesday, January 23, 2008
I'm almost done with the bag now, have dyed some sock yarn which is almost dry, so I did even more progress with the swap.
Hopefully, I will find more time to write during the next days, now I have to go to bed before I fall asleep in front of this computer thing...
Saturday, January 19, 2008
But I have almost everything I need for my pal:
- yarn is dyed
- stitch markers are done
- I started knitting the bag
- some little extras found their way to me
Now I just need to decide about a pattern, get some knitting needles and finish knitting. That's so not like me, usually I tend to finish things on last minute and this time I seem to be done before the swap is half way through.
Now I'm going to relax and spend a nice, quiet weekend.
Friday, January 18, 2008
Thursday, January 17, 2008
Making beautiful things with my own hands is so rewarding, I just love to see how things grow into something unique. Even if others use the same supplies or patterns, the results will always be different, that's what fascinates me about crafts. It's almost like magic, just without spells and wands - if you don't count knitting needles as wands.
Wednesday, January 16, 2008
Tuesday, January 15, 2008
Of course I can't show it to you yet, as I don't want to spoil the surprise for Narcissa, but I'm sure I will post a tiny preview as soon as the yarn is dry and I started to knit.
Now I'm curious, how many of you love to dye yarn too, so please take the survey above.
While I was laying in the infirmary, I got all students blogs magically linked to the sidebar, I hope I did not forget anyone. As I wasn't even allowed to knit, that was the only thing I could do.
Saturday, January 12, 2008
Besides, I'm knitting a pair of toddler socks in Slytherin colors, I'm sure my little brother will be a Slytherin too when he is grown up.
Now I'm thinking about teaching myself how to make stitch markers, then I could make the markers for my swap pal myself. But I'm not sure if I will find the time for yet another craft, knitting, dyeing and crochet already take a lot of time. I will tell you if I make a decision about this.
Oh, and I have to look for a sock pattern for my pal, I don't have the slightest idea right now. Perhaps I should browse her blog a bit more, to find out what she might like.
Wow, that late already? I have to hurry to class now or I will be late for Potions....
Friday, January 11, 2008
I already know what bag to make and will buy the yarn soon, that will give me enough time for dyeing and knitting. And the sockyarn will be handdyed too in the same colors. I just love to do a little magic with colors and turn some boring yarn into something colorful and beautiful.
And here is a list of the classes this year, I made everything bold that I'm gonna take:
Care of Magical Creatures
Defense Against the Dark Arts
Enchanted Kit Planning
History of Magic
Magic in Threadwork and Weaving
Thursday, January 10, 2008
That means some research about what she likes and what she doesn't like, but it sounds like a lot of fun. And I will get some knitting done for her, as a handmade knitting project bag will be part of the swap. I think I already know what to knit, I just need the right yarn in yellow and black.
I hope everybody else is just as excited about the new year and the swap as I am, I'm determined to have lots and lots of fun - and of course I will learn a lot (you never know if my parents might read this)